Food preservation by vacuum sealers is increasingly popular. Many families and businesses have used vacuum sealer machines to preserve food from invasive bacteria. So, how does the vacuum sealers work and can you wash? Today’s post will discuss more of these concerns.
What is the vacuum sealer and How does it work?
The vacuum sealer operates on the principle of vacuuming air, moisture inside the bag, combined with the sealing process of the mouth of the bag, helping the food to be stored tightly, not being invaded by bacteria or external moisture impact, affecting food quality.
Currently, on the market there are 2 product lines of vacuum sealer machines:
- Mini Vacuum Sealer has medium suction power, not working throughout, compact, easy to move and suitable for families, small business households.
- Industrial Vacuum Sealer is equipped with strong suction power, large capacity, operating to produce fast, can suck the air out of many different bags at the same time, rather bulky so it is suitable for large business establishments.
Amazing benefits of vacuum sealer machines
Decrease bacterial growth by 99%
Vacuum sealers not only preserve food simply, but also helps to store food safely and avoid bacteria or insects invading. In the condition that food has been deprived of oxygen and carefully sealed, the bacteria’s growth ability is almost no longer, so it can ensure the safety of users’ health.
Extend the shelf life of food
Vacuum sealing combined with freezing food helps to keep the nutrients and freshness intact, at the same time, increases the preservation time of food up to 3-5 times compared to conventional preservation.
Normally fresh food is stored for a maximum of 1 week in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator and dry foods are stored for 3-5 months in tightly sealed conditions and protected from sunlight.
When you vacuum seal packed food, fresh foods can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks and dry foods can be stored for 1-2 years.
Saving food storage space
A common situation for most families is that there is not much food in the fridge, but there are always no vacancies. The simple reason is that the food is stored in too many plastic bags or boxes …
But with vacuum packaging, the food only needs to be preserved by a layer of protective thin bag and the air is drained so it is easy to arrange. The space of the fridge will be larger and allow for a lot more food.
Moreover, this machine helps you avoid the smells between foods when preserving the refrigerator while saving space, so you can store many different foods for a whole week of work.
What kind of food can you vacuum seal?
You can vacuum seal most types of food:
- Dry food such as sausages, dried fish, tea, cashews, sunflower seeds, … you can preserve them from 6 months – 2 years. However, you need to store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and humidity.
- Fresh food such as meat, fish, … after washing, vacuuming and freezing, depending on each type you can preserve up to 1-3 weeks.
- Vegetables, fruits after washed, drained, vacuumed, refrigerated can be kept fresh for 3-4 days.
- Cooked food that has cooled before being put into the suction bag. Should not be boiled and then immediately put into the bag.
How to clean the vacuum sealer properly
The vacuum sealer machine just like any other product, after a period of use, always needs maintenance and hygiene. The food vacuum sealer is a kitchen utensil, especially when you vacuum sealing fresh foods, some proteins and bacteria also follow the suction path inside the machine, with many times the number of bacteria will accumulate inside the device.
Another reason is that when you operate the machine, it will suck some air, after 3-5 months will appear a layer of dust clinging inside the machine, reducing the vacuum speed of the machine. As a result, it needs to clean thoroughly to operate faster, better.
The cleaning and checking the overall condition of the vacuum sealer regularly will help extend its longevity. You should use a damp cloth to wipe the outside, making sure to unplug the power source when cleaning the vacuum sealer machine. The vacuum sealing hose and adapter are two parts that you have to clean most carefully.
What should keep in mind when using the vacuum sealers
- Avoid putting sharp objects in vacuum sealing bags. If you want to vacuum sealing things with sharp corners, you should use wrapping paper carefully before putting in bags to avoid tearing the bags.
- The machine can work for up to 10 minutes, you also allow the machine to rest for 1-2 minutes before continuing the process.
- Position the mouth of the bag when you put into the vacuum sealers should be very dry and clean.
- Use dedicated vacuum seal bags to increase the food protection effect.
- Avoid dropping, bumping. During operating, you have to place the machine on a flat surface.
Above are the notes about How does the vacuum sealers work and can you wash, the types of food that can be vacuumed and the time it is stored. Hope you have more useful information.
With the benefits from vacuum seal packaging, families, business units, manufacturing … immediately equip a vacuum seal machine to effectively support the process of food preservation, as well as business.